Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Wimp


My son had one of his wisdom teeth pulled recently. If science has its way, pulling teeth and even filling cavities may be a thing of the past.

+++

I dread going to the dentist. Once, to ease my tension, as I was filling out some paperwork I listed my middle name as "Wimp." The receptionist read it, did a quick double-take, then laughed and assured me that many patients felt that way.

A short time later, the receptionist came into the waiting room. Looking right at me, she smiled and announced, "The doctor will now see the wimp."

Three other people stood up and started to go in with me.


[Reader's Digest Online via Wit and Wisdom]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" (Paul Merton)

+++

Mark's Musings chews up an RSS Feed, flosses a Facebook Note, brushes your Amazon Kindle and rinses via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: