Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Adventurous Birthday

Shhhhh ... get ready ... keep those lights out ... here she comes ... she's opening the blog ... everybody yell SURPRIIIIIIIISE! Happy Birthday, Bonnie!!!

Yup, it's my wife's birthday.

'Nuff said.

+++

As my 50th birthday approached, I decided that this year I would try something adventurous, perhaps skydiving.

As I parked near the entrance to the library one day, I noticed a car next to mine with a bumper sticker that read, "I'd Rather Be Skydiving!" I found a scrap of paper and was about to leave a note on the window, asking the driver to call me, when I noticed that there, hanging from the rearview mirror, was a temporary permit for handicapped parking.

My very next thought was, "Maybe I'll try ballroom dancing, instead."


[originally seen in Charlie's Chuckles; edited]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Did they decide to put candles on birthday cakes so people can make light of their age?

+++

Hey! C'mon in! Welcome to the party! Here's your noisemaker. Now, put on your little gold foil party hat and get your own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: