Thursday, February 07, 2008

Waiting in Line

How'd you like to see your doctor just once a year, but have access to his advice anytime through email? Or get your prescriptions refilled from anywhere in the world, as long as you're near a computer?

Washington's Howard Stark is working to make that medical way of doing things a reality.

Interestingly enough, he says it makes him feel like he's "an old-fashioned physician."

+++

I was at my local cell phone company to pay my bill and upgrade my service. The line wasn't clearly formed, and there was an older gentleman with a cane nearby. It was unclear which one of us would be called next.

When the representative called for one of us to step up, the man with the cane motioned politely and said, "After you."

I smiled at him and replied, "No, please, after you. I have all day."

The man smiled back and said, "No, you go ahead. My doctor says I have at least six months."

[Colorado Comments]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death." (John 8:51)

+++

Get your own healthy subscription by clicking here.

No comments: