Friday, July 03, 2009

Crazy Parades

One month from today I have a week away from work to attend the national Postal Press Association Convention. I will be out of town. For that week I am going to engage in something I'm calling the "Great Blog Experiment" (GBE).

For that week - and perhaps for that week only - I will not be sending the Musings out via email. I will only be posting to this blog. You may want to bookmark this site. Why am I doing this? Well, I want to simplify my life a bit while I'm busy with the Convention and, frankly, I'd like to expose more of you to my bloggy goodness.

Ummm, that didn't sound like I thought it would. Conjures a mental image of the Pillsbury Dough Boy, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, you folks here in the States enjoy celebrating America's 233rd birthday this weekend.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SIGNS YOUR FOURTH of JULY PARADE WAS PUT TOGETHER BY A CRAZY PERSON

For some reason, the arrival of Santa at the end of the parade didn't generate much excitement.

Instead of tossing candy, the firemen were told to use their water cannon. On random parade observers.

The first two marching bands were awesome. The 52-piece orchestra, not so much.

Throwing tee shirts and candy into the crowd works. Throwing giblets and gravy doesn't.

You've never seen a parade where the route doubled back on itself. It wasn't pretty.

All the floats had to be made from ice cream and soda. Traffic was stuck to the pavement for a week after.

The parade route leads into the mouth of the volcano.

Due to scheduling conflicts, it will be held on August 4.

Free samples of salmonella.


[Chris White's Top Five for Kids with edits and additional material by Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We're headed off to the Indianapolis area this weekend, to celebrate the marriage and fulfillment-of-military service for our niece. She survived two tours in Iraq so that's something to celebrate, indeed. Back home late Sunday afternoon.

May your weekend be as full of fun and family, and I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Are you a little wishy-washy? Have trouble making decisions? Try visiting http://www.hunch.com/. There you'll answer 20 questions about your preferences and then you can use the search feature to zero in on a topic you're pondering ... the database will give you options to pick from based on what you've told it you like. It's the Web's version of a coin flip, only the coin is three- or four-sided.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday - pretty reliably - on an RSS Feed and also via e-mail using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure those folks are certified by Habeas to be a safe sender of e-mail. I'm spam-free, tax-free, duty-free, and guilt-free. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise pleasantly waste your time at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. This weekend remember one thing: after you light the fuse, run away! You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits have never done anything to you. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. "He must increase, I must decrease."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "There are many victories that are worse than a defeat." (George Elliott)

No comments: