Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So What's New?

o Mary Jo is well and truly married and on her way to a new home in California. It was, as most weddings are, a thing of beauty and a joy to behold and even more fun to be a part of. My band provided all the music for the wedding, which had a decidedly Beatles theme. We played "When I'm 64" for the bridal party processional, the traditional Wedding March for the bride, "Love" by John Lennon for the Unity Candle, and then we finished up with "All You Need is Love" and "With A Little Help from My Friends" for the recessional. We'll probably keep most of those songs in our repertoire.

Oh, and we also played "Butterfly Kisses" during the wedding rehearsal as a surprise for the bride. Her dad sang it. Well, sang and sobbed and choked his way through it, anyway. It was a tender and touching moment.

o I've put in for a new shift at the Post Office. Right now I'm working 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m (with the commute, it winds up being more like 10-8). Yuck. It's too early to get much done in the morning and too late to get anything done at night. I'm sure I've whined about this before to many of you. I've applied for a position at a sub-station closer to my home with hours of 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. We'll see if 20+ years of seniority will be enough to land it. It's quite a shift in my bioparadigm, after working the later hours for nearly a year-and-a-half, but one that I look forward to making. I should know by the end of the week.

o My daughter got her hair cut! My daughter got her hair cut! This is significant, folks. She had been wearing it nearly down to her backside and was adamant about not getting it cut ... but she was, unfortunately, equally adamant about not brushing it out regularly and it snarls pretty easily and fairly badly. Many's the night I heard her down in the living room screaming "Ow" and "Not so hard!" at her mother as they worked at fixing it. I don't know if she just got tired of that battle or what, but Monday night she and Mom went out to the mall and when she came home, her hair was shoulder length. Yay! It looks good, too!

So what's new in your world?

No comments: