Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Mailbox


Sometimes list members send me things that, for one reason or another, don't wind up in Mark Mail, so here's another reason the blog is handy ... I'll post them here if I think they'll be of interest to you.

List member Mary R. sent me the hilarious photo above.

+++

This one I've submitted to Reader's Digest, with the approval of the list member who sent it to me. He respectfully requests to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of his work.

As a chaplain for a local psychiatric hospital, he tells the story of the day he went to visit a friend and the interns were the only staff looking after things, which were quite hectic. As one young woman fumbled with the keys to admit him to the ward, she said, "I'm sorry, things are a bit crazy in here today." He gently asked her, "Isn't it meant to be that way?"

She didn't get it.

+++

Quote of the Post: "Wine is sunlight held together by water." (Galileo)

No comments: